Preparing For Your First Private Lesson
There is a lot you can do to prepare for your first lesson that will make our time together more fruitful:
1. Log into my website and familiarize yourself with how to navigate my site.
- Go to this page on my website
- Scroll down to the button that says Get Started
- Click on the button that says ENROLL
- Create a user profile
- Click the link that says “Have a coupon?”
- Enter your coupon code
- Click “Buy Now” (You won’t be charged anything)
- Say hello to your new fiddle obsession
2. Read through the How to Use These Videos page. There is a lot of valuable information there that you can process at your own pace thus allowing us to better utilize our one on one time together.
3. Read through the content on Lesson 1
- Familiarize yourself with the variety of content on each page
- Read the fiddler bio
- Watch the additional videos to start getting a sense of regional styles
4. Watch the Lesson 1 instructional video, noticing the sections of each video…
- Tune up to speed
- Plucking the melody
- The tune slow speed
- The tune medium speed
- And additional things to notice
5. Try bowing along with the first Rhythm – “The Saw Stroke Twins.” Don’t worry about melody, just practice the bowing while building muscle memory.
6. If you are apprehensive to tune to cross G tuning on your own without assistance just bow the rhythm on your two low strings for now.
7. Make a list of questions you have in regards to fiddling and the wider world of Old Time Music.