Access all of my current and future fiddle lessons. You’ll be empowered to pickup and play the fiddle from day one. The course includes:
- Access to 40 instructional videos
- Access to all Future Fiddle Lessons
- Additional curriculum and links to additional resources
- A free 30 minute private lesson using Zoom!
These lessons are for anyone wanting to understand the role of bowing and rhythm in old time music.
Each video has a progression:
- The tune played up to speed to give you a sense of where you are headed.
- The bowing explained with mnemonics to remember the bowing.
- The tune plucked out to focus on finding the correct melody notes.
- The tune played at slow tempo.
- The tune played at medium tempo.
- Any additional aspects of the melody or rhythm to focus on and any variations.
The tunes are arranged in a very conscious order of complexity. I encourage you to go in order because what you learn in the beginner lessons will be the backbone of what you learn in the intermediate and advanced lessons.
What it really comes down to is that Bowing is half of old time music but most people focus so much on melody that they end up only playing half of the music they are hearing. The majority of people that come to me share the same goal: they want to jam with others. And I have found that rhythm is the number one aspect of fiddling that keeps them from fitting in and getting invited into to jam sessions. Let’s change that! Bowing is not rocket science but it does take patience and focus. And, I am here to help you figure it out.
All-Access Fiddle Lessons
Access all of my current and future fiddle lessons. You’ll be empowered to pickup and play the fiddle from day one. The course includes:<li>Access to 40 instructional videos</li><li>Access to all Future Fiddle Lessons</li><li>Additional curriculum and links to additional resources</li>